Opportunity Beyond the Classroom
Involvement in the co-curricular programme at Canberra Grammar School offers students a chance to experience success beyond the classroom, and is part of our commitment to a holistic education.
Co-curricular activities are focused on building character through service, commitment and fair play.
The programme aims to develop relationships through teamwork, and for students to gain a greater personal understanding of how they learn as individuals. Co-curricular programmes are about discovering talents, learning leadership skills, and fostering team work, resilience and commitment where students and staff actively engage in physical, cultural and intellectual pursuits together, building relationship, understanding and respect beyond the classroom borders.
The School holds close relationships with other schools through music, drama and House activities, providing opportunities for students to socialise and develop friendships beyond the campus.
Currently, the School offers:
- over 83 teams in 21 different sports
- an extensive range of choirs, bands, orchestras and ensembles
- at least three major dramatic productions per year
- a significant outdoor experience for every year group from Year 3 to Year 10
- a broad community service programme supporting local, national and international initiatives; and
- an annual programme of both sporting and cultural tours, and student exchanges.