Opportunity beyond the Classroom
Involvement in the Active Education (co-curricular) programme at Canberra Grammar School offers students a chance to experience success beyond the classroom, and is part of our commitment to a holistic education. Co-curricular activities are focused on building character through service, commitment and fair play.
The programme aims to develop relationships through teamwork, and for students to gain a greater personal understanding of how they learn as individuals.
The School holds close relationships with other schools through music, drama and House activities, providing opportunities for students to socialise and develop friendships beyond the campus.
Currently, the School offers:
- over 50 teams in more than 15 sports
- an extensive range of choirs, bands, orchestras and ensembles
- at least three major dramatic productions per year
- a significant outdoor experience for every year group from Year 3 to Year 10
- a broad community service programme supporting local, national and international initiatives; and
- an annual programme of both sporting and cultural tours, and student exchanges.