Traditional ANZAC biscuits are a staple of ANZAC Day. This Healthy ANZAC Biscuit recipe by Teresa Cutter from THEHEALTHYCHEF.COM provides a great way to spend time with the kids.
- 100 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 75 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 125 g (1 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pure maple syrup
- 2 – 3 tablespoons hot water; and
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda.
- PREHEAT oven to 160°C fan-forced
- COMBINE oats, coconut, spelt flour, coconut sugar and bicarb soda into a mixing bowl
- ADD oil, maple syrup and hot water then mix well
- DIVIDE biscuits onto baking trays, lined with baking paper
- FLATTEN down with your fingertips
- BAKE for 20 – 25 minutes until golden; and
- COOL and enjoy.
Recipe sourced from The Healthy Chef