Making playdough, whether for yourself or as a gift for someone else, is lots of fun. Here is a simple recipe.
- 110g cooking salt
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 290 ml boiling water (boil this in your kettle before you start)
- 330g (3 cups) plain flour (and keep a little extra for at the end)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil; and
- A few drops of food colouring (or more if you like a more vibrant colour).
- Put water in your kettle and turn it on
- In a bowl, add the salt and cream of tartar and pour the boiling water into the bowl. Mix for a few minutes until the salt has dissolved
- Add the flour and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the oil and food colouring and mix thoroughly with your hand
- You can add a little more flour or oil if the consistency is not quite right as this will be determined by how much food colouring you added; and
- Store in an airtight container for about 3 months.