All applicants must:
- Have passed at least a Grade 6 piano examination
- Be in Years 5 to 9 at the time of application
- Be a student at, or be prepared to be a student at Canberra Grammar School
- Undertake an interview and audition.
Applicants may be shortlisted prior to audition. At the audition an applicant will be required to play on the piano:
- One piece of their own choice that demonstrates their technical ability
- One Hymn – music will be provided in advance; and
- A short piece to sight-read that the audition panel will provide on the day.
If successful, Organ Scholars will be required to:
- Attend a weekly organ lesson
- Play the organ as required for regular school Chapel Services
- Play the organ as required for special occasions.
Please email the Music Department at email@example.com to apply or if you have further questions.