Canberra Grammar School is a vibrant and rewarding place in which to work. It is also a very exciting time at CGS as the School now offers full co-education across all years, from Pre-School to Year 12, with significant growth to our leadership, teaching and support staff.
By joining the CGS team, you will be working alongside exceptionally dedicated, qualified and experienced staff, and engaging daily with bright, motivated and open-hearted students and to enjoy the amenities of life on a beautiful, open school campus in a city that is clear, uncongested, and affords unrivalled access to many of the leading political, cultural and intellectual institutions of Australia. Canberra is an ideal place in which to live and raise a family. It is within striking distance of the mountains for skiing and the coast for surfing; it is an easy drive from Sydney; there are frequent flights to all parts of Australia (and also now Singapore with more international connections set to come in the future); and the city itself is virtually traffic-free.
Together, as School and staff, I believe it is our obligation to appreciate our very special working environment and to nurture the educational culture that it engenders.
Canberra Grammar School is committed to that by aiming at all times to be a professionally stimulating and rewarding employer; one that is committed to innovation, to high-quality professional development, to the constant interchange of ideas and to personal and professional investment in staff who seek always to enhance the quality of education both within and beyond the School.
That aspiration for staff culture is central to the School’s capacity to flourish in all areas of its endeavour and it is reflected in the School’s commitment to recognising and rewarding staff and to supporting a positive, professional, caring and collegial working environment through:
- Remuneration, terms and conditions that generally compare favourably with those in the non-independent school sectors in the ACT
- The initiatives entailed in the School’s strategic plans for professional learning and renewal
- The on-going financial commitment to the Staff Professional Excellence Fund
- The provision of personal support services and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- A range of personal benefits associated with employment at the School
- Support for collegial staff organisation and representation; and
- Recognition of contribution and outstanding achievement.
Canberra Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. More information can be found under the Governance section of this website.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Mr Michael Simon
T +61 (2) 6260 9735